I love my children but the behavior issues are emotionally and physically exhausting.
And this was not the first time I have been notified of issues. There’s a long list of getting “the call.” But the first time was epic and horrible.
I was a new mother and I had just put my son into a fancy new preschool. He was about a week in and the school called to inform me that he was biting other children.
Really? We don’t bite at home. And it wasn’t just once. He continued to bite and they continued to call. Horrified. I finally had to take him out of the school.
Kids can do some pretty crazy things and mine aren’t the only ones.
However, herein lies the problem.
Each morning I would wake up at 4:30 am just so I could have my coffee alone while I packed lunches, laid out clothes, walked the dog, and got ready before our toddler woke up.
I entered into parenting with this grand vision of what parenting should look like.
Everything perfectly organized and put together. Well-behaved children who eat their greens. Everyone had faith in me, so why not. I thought I was going to be the mom who had it all together.
You know, I was the mom who would NEVER allow her child to go out in public with dirty clothes and crusty boogers stuck to their nose. Or the mom who would never allow their child eat non-organic food or play video games heaven forbid.
Yes, that was me. And it was hard game to keep up with.
The years went by and I continued to strive for this imaginary ideal. As time passed I started to become resentful of this attempted perfection. It wasn’t sustainable.
And I became paralyzed by the judgement I saw all around me.
And the judgement that I put on myself.
My marriage, my kids, and my commitments were falling apart. The connection I had with my children was full of demands and control.
I couldn’t even have a conversation without being triggered by their behavior.
Everything around me was pushing back saying “this is NOT working”
I wanted to raise kids that were confident and respectful
Children that were and intrinsically motivated in their own unique way. However every time I turned around I felt:
- There was never enough time to teach these things
- I had no patience for poor behavior and reacted as such
- I was overwhelmed by parenting advice that was out there
- I was sick of sounding like a broken record to myself and others
- And worst- I felt frustration, guilt, and judgement
I wanted to be the best parent however life kept disconnecting me from what mattered.
Little by little my motherly intuition kept telling me it was possible to create something more if I could just surrender to what wasn’t working…
And little by little the pieces started to come together.
I began peeling back the layers as to why my parenting WASN’T working.
Over the next few years I began to create an entirely new parenting experience for myself and my family- because it HAD to change.
The fights, struggles, and intolerance shifted into empathy, peace, and conflict resolution.
- I began to create more peace, joy and freedom in my parenting experience.
- My life began to flow in a way that was entirely different than anything I had ever experienced.
- There was this sense of connection and influence that I had never experienced.
And people started asking what was going on
I had changed and my family changed.
So let me ask you?
If you could wave a magic wand and create your ideal relationship with your kids and your partner, what would it look like?
Would it be something like this?
- Deep meaningful and connected relationships every day
- Kids who respect family rules and do what they’re asked
- Family time spent together really is quality time and not rushed
- More conflict resolution between siblings down to almost no conflict
Sounds amazing, Right?
Results like these are entirely possible when you follow the proven parenting system I’ve spent years studying to put together.
That’s what makes this difference. It’s not woo-woo pie in the sky. It’s a concrete model for shifting your life.
You can read parenting books, learn tools and techniques but without a step by step system and support it’s almost impossible to implement.
Parents need support now more than ever and our system does just that.
If you’re reading this, then my guess is, you know you are wanting something more for your family
You’re in the right place if you feel…
- Stressed out from your kids not listening or showing respect
- Disappointed with the lack of cooperation with your child
- Confused what parenting method will set your child up for success
- Exhausted from trying to instill consequences/punishment
- Unsure where to turn next for support
- And…you know there has to be a better way.
I’m here to tell you that you were never meant to go it alone.
The old adage that it takes a village to raise a child is something our modern society has forgotten and many of us struggle for years if ever to find the balance we’re looking for with parenting and family life.
You are meant for bigger things with your child, your relationship and your family.
Join me today for a free 1-on-1 free Parent Strategy session.
In our 30 minute session together we dive into:
- What is going on in your family?
- What roadblocks are you experiencing?
- You’ll get clear on your parenting goals and where you want to be in the next 5 years
There is no cost to this session and no obligation beyond it. My passion is to help parents create the relationships that they deeply desire.